Top 5 Characters Who’d Be Better Presidents Than Donald Trump

Written by Matt Butler November 18, 2016

Donald Trump

Donald Trump will be the president of the United States. Feel that horrific chill running down your spine right now? That’s normal. Get used to it. It’s a situation 50% of Americans are reeling over, and 100% of everyone else are still attempting to process. And while everyone tries fruitlessly to come to terms with this reality, I choose to live in delusion. I wonder, aside from Hillary and Bernie, who else would have been a better candidate for US president?

5. Jafar (Aladdin)

giphy

Jafar has what Trump doesn’t: experience in politics AND sorcery. He’s a candidate who wields staggering powers in the dark arts, yet still, miraculously, holds a near-perfect standing in trustability. Statistics show that 99% of American voters who are stared down by Jafar with his magical snake staff would elect him sultan of the United States. The other 1% are filthy street rats, whom Jafar has promised to deport immediately upon beginning his sultancy.

4. President Business (The Lego Movie)

tumblr_n1om4gecer1qjmcyvo3_400

It’s in his name, so you know it’s his game. For President Business (Lord Business, if you follow the liberal media), instructions are iron-clad, not unlike The Constitution. In wayward times like these, we need a leader who plays by the book, who’s governed by a strict code of principles, who respects civic holidays like Taco Tuesday. Fascism aside, President Business is the candidate to rebuild this broken country.

3. Sauron (The Lord of the Rings)

tumblr_nqpt3e4jby1rrecxqo2_500

Some call him the Lord of the Rings, others call him the Necromancer, I call him the one president to govern them all. With over a thousand years experience governing and militarizing Middle Earth, presiding over these United States would be a cake-walk for Sauron. His eye-in-the-sky approach means no incivility goes undetected. And if that’s not enough, his Ring of Power campaign exemplifies him as a strong believer in the sanctity of monogamy.

 2. Scar (The Lion King)

tenor

In the wake of the 2016 election, internet journalists have compared Trump’s proposed policies to be in line with Scar’s. These claims are false, and leave the once revered reputation of a noble leader unduly besmirched. Scar has never catered to one demographic, to one race. Ever the contrarian, he pushes for the integration of hyena immigrants into our community. Scar believes that united, we all stand atop Pride Rock, but divided, we fall into a wildebeest stampede.

1. Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)

cx5cd2

What’s better than an outsider? An insider who thinks like an outsider. Unlike Trump, Palpatine knows his way around congress. He spent all of his formative years as Senator forming what would become the standardized policies of a new republic, a glorious empire of the galaxy. And while the Jedi Council sat around doing nothing, he was working his way up to become Chancellor, and soon after that, he was already Emperor. From day one, Palpatine has been the man with the plan, as well as the man with the planet-sized cannon. These are the qualities of an effective leader.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Matt Butler is a strapping young English Major with a fiery passion for the art of cinematic storytelling. He likes long walks on the beach and knows the proper use of 'your' and 'you're'. (Example: I hope YOU'RE having a wonderful time browsing our site, and I hope you enjoy YOUR time reading my film reviews. I wrote them just for you.)

Browse Archived Articles by

No Comments

There are currently no comments on Top 5 Characters Who’d Be Better Presidents Than Donald Trump. Perhaps you would like to add one of your own?

Leave a Comment